Your vote is your voice: The number of photos you want in the POTW

mountainvisions

<p>Simple rules.</p>

<p>Post a number, any number, denoting the amount of photos YOU wish to see posted in the POTW by each person.</p> (edited to add: this is the maximum, not a required minimum to participate)

<p>As an example. If you want to see 5 photos, you simply type "5" into your reply.</p>

<p>If you want to see only 1 photo per participant, type "1". I could go on with examples but I feel like we have a smart bunch here, and you can figure it out from this point.</p>

<p>Bear in mind a few things, if you have a crop of good photos from any one week, you can always post them down the line. Therefore, if we go to 1 or 2 photos per week you won't be bound to let your excellent work die in obscurity but it will be more likely others will actually see your work and spend a little time enjoying it.</p>

<p>On the flip side bear in mind that we do (occasionally, although it is supposed to be monthly) have a Photo of the Month thread as well, where it is just 1 single photo that you post.</p>

<p>No need for any other words, banter, back talk, debate, ridicule, taunting, etc when voting.</p>

<p>I will add up the votes, and then delete the thread at some point (after someone, preferably a border collie or an astro physicist, but not the State of Florida elections board verify my #s.)</p>

<p> </p>

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>2<br>

(and NOT because Justin said it first)!</p>

<p>And put Matt down for 2 (give him a break, he's packing equipment for tonight's wedding). No, we did NOT collude on that. He's packing, I'm goofing off instead of changing clothes. :-D</p>

<h2>Trying to submit a reply of 1 and keep getting this; possible problem submitting a number that has already been submitted (without a comment to distinguish it from a previous reply)?</h2>

<h2>Problem with Your Input</h2>

<p>We had a problem processing your entry:</p>

<ul>

<li>

<ul>

<li>2009-05-29 by Bueh B.</li>

</ul>

</li>

<p>There are already 1 messages in the database with the same subject line and body. Perhaps you already posted this?<br /> <strong>Do not post the same thread in multiple forums. This is against photo.net policy and your account may be suspended if you continue to do so.</strong><br /> Please choose one forum or one thread and post there.</p>

</ul>

<p>Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry.</p>

<p>I vote for <strong>3 </strong> because usually my good shots come in bunches or not at all and if it's a bunch I hate to decide on just one.<br>

Posting a photo thread of my own has only occurred to me once or twice. I see more people doing it lately, so maybe I'll give it a go more often.<br>

BTW, I like scrolling through the photos even though it gets long sometimes. The comments sometimes get redundant but it's nice to know who's applauding (or not) and why.<br>

Howard</p>

<p>My vote is: 3</p>

<p>Seriously, if you think about it. Pic of the week means 1</p>

<p>I have posted 4 a few times and felt terribly guilty. Dorus has mentioned this at least once. Some have posted more.</p>

<p>I also seem to sometimes have a group of 3 that is better than a single photo.</p>

<p>That being said, each photo according to the moniker POTW should be able to stand alone by itself. That is extremely hard for a neophyte photographer like me versus all of you, but hey, that's life.</p>

<p>So I said 3, but think it truly should be ONE.</p>

<p>My vote: ????? whatever the powers that be decide: Justin...</p>