Your Photo.net Subscription Confirmation and Receipt <-- WTH?!?!

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by hogne_b_pettersen, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I had to reset password this morning because my email was valid but even in my old password books, there was never any account. Strange stuff.

2. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. We do not store or keep any credit card information - even for those that have subscriptions all transactions are handled through encrypted tokens which are handled by PayPal and Stripe - so there is absolutely no way any subscriptions will be charged. This is a Chinese phishing expedition.

3. @GPalm - Yes, of course, this is a poorly crafted "phishing expedition" but how did the perpetrator know to associate our particular email address with Photo.net, in the first place? Your member-database was compromised, no?

4. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

I have edited some comments in this thread: the edit comprised re-arranging the email addresses and/or url such that they are no longer LIVE LINKS.

I suggest that future respondents do the same if they wish to provide that type of information about SPAM.

Please see {HERE} which is The Sticky Thread on this topic.

WW

5. Just received a different, but similar, e-mail from address [info @ vallasvuo . fi] --Sally

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017