Your oldest Nikkor - any photos to share?

Ian Rance

I would like to see some recent scenes taken with the oldest Nikkor you possess. If you can give a rough date of the

lens's manufacturing date that would be good too. These older lenses are still working perfectly, and I think that they

are first class.

Okay, mine first - 1966 Nikkor 50mm f2: http://d6d2h4gfvy8t8.cloudfront.net/6914773-md.jpg

Ian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still use my 1975 vintage 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor purchased, along with my F2, to replace my Nikkormat, at Olden's in New York. I used it for years as my "normal" lens and also for macro. I use it regularly on my D200 as a macro lens. It is one of the sharpest lenses I own, including my MF Mamiya and Zeiss lenses and my LF Nikkors.

Eric

I've lost track of that website that cross references Nikkor models by serial number. So I'm not sure whether my AI'd 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor or pre-AI 180/2.8 Nikkor is older. I'm pretty sure both pre-date the 50/2 AI Nikkor that came with my battered old F3HP/MD-4.

I keep saying I'm gonna have my 180/2.8 AI'd so it'll play nice with my D2H, and I keep not doing it. But if I'm willing to settle for closeups only I can cobble it onto the D2H via the M2 extension tube, which safely clears the aperture indexing tab.<div>00RUlO-88567584.jpg.2456d246f4e48b3b424f5aa259478183.jpg</div>