your first exhibition

My first exhibition was in a place called "The kitchen gallery". It was in the ktichen of the house I shared with some friends. We printed cards to invite guests, a fellow photographer wrote a welcome speech, we bought drinks and got some food, everyone had a good time and we talked a lot about photos and not about cameras.

My first exhibition came when the polo club I photograph wanted to run one to start off the 2008 season. Myself and some other exhibitors put together our work and showed it to an invited audience.

I managed to sell some work, make lots of contacts and raised my profile.

A good time was had by all.

Jasmina,

Most local photo or art clubs or organizations have exhibits. Join one. They are also lots of fun and you get to hang out with

people that have similar interests as you. Many community colleges offer classes where you can exhibit your work as part of

the class. There are also summer classes at universities, communilty colleges and local high schools (classes for adults).

Many of these have an exhibition at the end of the class. You also get to learn something new and meet people. If you don't

want to do any of these, go to a local bar or restaurant and show some examples of your work and ask if you can put up a

display. Many places welcome that sort of thing. Good Luck.

Mark

Find a place that might appreciate your work and just ask. Take a portfolio with you if you like. My first was at University of Oregon in a small gallery. Even if it doesn't get a lot of exposure, it is a superb exercise to have to edit your work and look at it in a different way. You can also pull together other artists for a group exhibition just to get your feet wet, especially if you don't have the money or images to do a full one-"man"-show.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi... I am planning an ehibition at a local small,"artsy" coffee shop in my home town, where I attended college... they make fresh pasties, cakes, cinnamon rolls and also serve teas and have wifi.... they allow art exhibits, (photography, water color, etc) ... you can sell your work, too.... there is always some cool art hanging in this establishment.... I just have to tell the owner which month I'd like to partiscipate.... she will put my name on her list... I was planning to do this in October 08, but I have had a delay in my relocation from the coast here to that area... no pressure, and this just gives me more time to take more images and mat them... Warmest regards to each of You ;-) Sheryl