When shooting film in a modern film camera, what are your favorite settings, or alternatively, what settings do you use most? Also, what camera do you use. For me, with my lowly Canon Rebels of various models, I use P probably 90% of the time. If I want to change depth of field or shutter speed I use the wheel to trade one against the other. The other 10% of the time I mostly use the M setting. Only rarely do I venture beyond those two. For focus, I probably use automatic focus about 80% of the time and manual focus the other 20%.