Your Experience with Reconditioned Cameras

Warranty of any kind? No, never used them. (Amazon Warehouse Deals latest on used for GX 8 at 700 USD) Decent return period, good prices for lightly used or in box like new. Nice camera though, solid,, should be good if reconditioned by factory and at least some warranty like 90 days. Otherwise look to one of the photo places on line who are well trusted in used,friend. Let us know how it works out..good to know for future.

Nikon D70 (from cameta), Nikon D7100, D7200 (from adorama), and Nikon D810 (from local Samy's); in all cases low number of shutter actuations and bodies in like-new condition. Limited 90-day warranty never bothered me; I tested each camera thoroughly during the return period and probably put more clicks on each camera during the 90 days than many others do in a year. If I were to receive a refurbished camera with a - to me - unacceptably high number of clicks or too many nicks and dents, I would simply return it unless the price reduction vs new reflects the condition and usage properly. One drawback of refurbished is that cameras are often offered at the same price, independent on whether they have 50 clicks or 50,000; some look like new out of the box while others show all the signs of a harsh previous life. Why then would I accept a beaten-up copy if for the same price I could get a pristine one? The issue here is that one doesn't know beforehand what one is going to get if ordered online (and often the seller doesn't know the history or even condition of the camera either).