You might want to read the new Yahoo / Flickr TOS carefully.

I found an email from Yahoo in my inbox today. Verizon is buying them and new terms of service will take effect June 8, 2017. The entire thing is found at this following link: Yahoo Terms of Service

The following, relevant parts are quoted below:

CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE YAHOO SERVICES

Yahoo does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Yahoo Services. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Yahoo Services, you grant Yahoo the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:

9.2 With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Yahoo Services other than Yahoo Groups, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Yahoo Services solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Yahoo Services and will terminate at the time you remove or Yahoo removes such Content from the Yahoo Services.

"Publicly accessible" areas of the Yahoo Services are those areas of the Yahoo network of properties that are intended by Yahoo to be available to the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Yahoo Services would include Yahoo Message Boards and portions of Yahoo Groups and Flickr that are open to both members and visitors. However, publicly accessible areas of the Yahoo Services would not include portions of Yahoo Groups that are limited to members, Yahoo services intended for private communication such as Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Messenger, or areas off of the Yahoo network of properties such as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible via hypertext or other links but are not hosted or served by Yahoo.

Edited by doug elick

From PN Terms of Service:

You also grant us a perpetual non-exclusive worldwide royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display your User Content on the Site and to promote the Site.

What specifically do you have a problem with re: Yahoo/flickr TOS?

This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Yahoo Services and will terminate at the time you remove or Yahoo removes such Content from the Yahoo Services.

Heck, I didn't even know that part was included.

I don't think any of these companies have the time to specifically select certain photographer's work out of the trillions of images uploaded online and use it in their advertising without compensation to the photographer.

I think the new Yahoo way of doing things might be an improvement.

For example I always stay logged in with my email and have my inbox bookmarked as a toolbar icon. Click it and I'm there.

Just yesterday Yahoo logged me out for some reason and asked me to enter my password which I've obviously forgotten and so I clicked "Forgot Your Password?" and within seconds a notice for a key code showed up in my other non-Yahoo email account.

I entered it into Yahoo and I'm back into my account. I think this is the best way to manage passwords. I just can't remember them all for all my different accounts. Quick and hassle free!

An expert hacker programmer in a forum I was reading a while back suggested he does this all the time with all of his multiple accounts.

And I'm not going to setup some one password rules them all gizmo where I have to download an app for that to work or trust my browser to manage.

Edited by Tim_Lookingbill