You like shooting people, but do YOU like to be photographed?

<p>I don't like being photographed by most people. I make exceptions for my partner, because he insists on photographing me (And for some reason, his photos are not that bad?).</p>

<p>But I think most of us like to be behind the camera - yes? Or at least that's what I've discovered so far. </p>

<p>Being photographed bothers me about as much as people looking at me bothers me: not much at all. Just don't ask me to pose, smile or look a particular direction.</p>

<p>In most situations, objecting to someone taking snapshots of you is akin to objecting to people looking at you. It's a vestige of a primitive instinct best left to lesser mammals.</p>

<p>While I don't literally believe that each picture steals a little bit of someone's soul, you would think so to look at my photographs of normally crowded places, empty of people in my pictures...</p>

<p>I don't freak out or anything when somebody takes my picture, but my feelings may explain the reluctance I have to take identifiable pictures of others. When I do, I usually ask for permission.</p>

<p>Maybe the question should be why many photographers like to shoot people. </p>

<p>I enjoy shooting people (I know) for the challenge of making them look their best (as I see it). I don't usually shoot strangers. I don't mind being photographed providing the photographer takes a similar degree of care. </p>

<p>I don't like photographing people but I couldn't care less if someone is stupid enough to want a picture of me.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>While I don't literally believe that each picture steals a little bit of someone's soul, you would think so to look at my photographs of normally crowded places, empty of people in my pictures...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Perhaps you could accompany me when I want to take people free photographs.</p>

<p>I'm fine with it. I get photographed frequently, especially when I'm playing flute or blowing glass. Sometimes, just when I'm out and about. Someone who doesn't like attention would not dress so often in tie-dye shirts and crazy hats...</p>

<p>Last year, I was shooting at Matthaei Botanical Gardens, with a moderately complex setup, bellows, articulated tripod, a couple of reflectors on little stands, and a class on a field trip came through. The teacher leading it asked me a few questions, and next thing you know, I'm giving a little talk to about 50 kids, pretty much every one of whom shot me working. I think it was the only time that people actually lined up to photograph me. I had no idea I was so interesting.</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="232">

<colgroup><col width="232"></col></colgroup>

<tbody>

<tr height="17">

<td width="232" height="17">Matthaei Botanical Gardens Trails</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p> I have no problem having my picture taken. I also do not particularly care about taking pictures of other people as I have no use for them. However I do very much want photos of my family. So I take photos of my family, the places we go on trips and I used to go on photo adventures to find things to shoot such as landscapes or interesting things. However with gas prices so high I have stopped the photo adventures and am staying closer to home. Anyway I do not want to take other peoples picture but you can take mine if you wish to.</p>