You know you're too into photography when...?

<p>You walk into a restroom and are immediately interested in the quality of light and how you could make great portraits with it, if it wasn't in a restroom. I was at a local studio/darkroom this morning developing film. I took a short break and when I walked in the restroom, the light through the frosted glass was amazing. The photographer in me was only thinking about how great it would be for portraits. The sane person in me was embarrassed because of the location. I think many of us have done things we wouldn't otherwise have done, just to get a cool photo. Anyone want to share some?</p>

<p >Walk on through the wind<br /> Walk on through the rain<br /> Though your dreams be tossed and blown</p>

<p >Walk on, walk on<br /> With hope in your hearts<br /> And you'll never walk alone<br /> You'll never walk alone</p>

<p >Walk on, walk on<br /> With hope in your hearts<br /> And you'll never walk alone<br /> You'll never walk alone<br>

<br /><br /></p><div>00eJZ3-567331884.jpg.bd4ecc3d0e49ba35ed3f24f911471c0d.jpg</div>

<p>Another example I share with my son is a "what not to do". I almost fell while visiting a waterfall in Iceland. I wanted a different vantage point and walked where I should not have. My first clue that it might not be safe was when I disturbed some seagulls who were nesting. They don't build their nests where people can easily get to. I got a great shot of the falls, but almost had a fall of my own while trying to get back to the trail. I am much older and a little wiser now, so I would not do anything as dangerous now.</p>

<p>In general, I'm always looking for a good photo, even passively. And now and then I'll use the light meter app on my phone to check exposure just because I'm curious. It's amazing how much difference there can be between ground and sky.</p>

<p>Sanford, that's an awesome urinal. How old, do you think?</p>

<p>My greatest lament along those lines is my daily commute. I saw an awesome sunrise this morn, complete with a rustic barn and naked winter trees in silhouette. Alas, driving on an interstate at 80mph and with cars all around, there was no way to stop and capture this wonderful visage. </p>

<p>Very true. I'm always in "photographer mode" even when I don't have a camera with me except for my phone which gets a fair amount of use. I'll use it much like a sketch book and will revisit a place I found to have potential. </p><div>00eJcM-567339084.jpg.52a19a806346af58380b3c26a0e82b91.jpg</div>

<p>In a separate vein along the idea of being "too into" photography: There is a Nikonos V-A somewhere out there that I really shouldn't have done that surf entry with, lo, those 30 years ago. I was in good shape until my inexperienced buddy got rolled, and left me in the no-man's-land surf zone trying to make sure he was OK. When the next big set broke I had to choose between drowning and holding on to my camera, so I let go of the camera, grabbed my regulator, and prayed the lanyard would hold. It didn't. I came up in one piece after a serious roll, sans camera. The lanyard was still around my neck, but the split ring on the end was spaghetti. I hope somebody found the camera and has had good use of it. On second thought, since I was well and truly "flushed" by that wave, maybe this entry to the thread is more apropos than I thought...</p>

<p>Couple days ago I just <em>had</em> to photograph the baking pan after my daughter baked three sausages in the oven. I kind of sneaked it in while I was washing dishes, lest someone think I was crazy photographing a greasy baking pan.</p><div>00eJii-567352284.jpg.e0fe1c3592761328adb2566322969497.jpg</div>