You know what annoys me...

Everytime I go shoot some duckies or other animals in the park there is rubbish

in the way. Paper/cans/plastic bags etc. You can rarely use it in the photo.

(as a contrast for instance) People are pigs and are ruining my shots because I

have to tidy up those things.

And I'm also annoyed by the yellow thingies they shoot cattle through the ear.

Yeah, if you shoot them in rows in the cages you can use it as a 'bioindustry

shot'. But usually they're outside in the meadow and then I don't want the

yellow numbers.

What do you think? + What do you find annoying?

I agree on the litter and trash. Often enough, I'll be out in the woods or somewhere, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, shooting some scene, and not notice until the slides come back that there's some piece of junk in some corner spoiling the shot.

The other thing I find annoying, but not in the same way, since it's inevitable and not really anybody's fault, is overhead wires. It's amazing how many potentially nice pictures are compromised by wires.

I'm annoyed by the pace of life - and the fact that I have to travel for a couple of hours just to the nearest green patch (that's not in a parking lot). I agree about the trash, but if more people picked it up when they saw it, it wouldn't be as big of a problem. By the way, why are you hunting ducks in the park? It doesn't seem very sporting - not to mention cows...

- Randy

If you are shooting genre: landscapes, pastoral rural scenes, then it is an issue -- actually it is the kind of junk that matters: An abandoned, rusted, ancient bit of farm gear may be picturesque.

If you are not shooting genre, I don't see why it matters. The real confronts you.

I have to stop friends I take on hikes into the desert. They want to pick up any trash that's tumbled down the wash or blown in by the wind.

Why? Because the plastic pie plate has collected water and animals have found it and use it, because that glass jar has started a forming cryptobiotic crust in it.

Nature doesn't care about our aesthetics or our ecological sensitivities.

Matthew,

I agree with about the overhead wires.

Jay,

I thought this was a photo forum? I think political commentary is out of line, there are people of all political stripes here that get along otherwise. Politics are divisive, you may find this hard to believe, but not every one agrees with you.Good luck.

People who "critique" every photo they see with "perfect mood" or "perfect photo" and then

receive 6/6s in return.

People who only respond to the WOW factor of photos and haven't realized that subtlety is

worth a longer glance.

People who assume that what is good is only what they have seen before (and been told

was good).

People who think the "nudes" category is a place to display photographs that have been

done a million times before just because they found a new model with a great body, and

while they're at it collect really good ratings and probably get lots of right hands moving

back and forth.

People who don't respond to critiques that are made on their photos that show that the

critiquer has put some time and effort into viewing their photos and giving them what they

had asked for.

People who put their photos up for critique and get lots of comments and ratings, which

they respond to but then never bother to rate or critique the photos of others.

Sorry, I'm crabby today.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<I>probably get lots of right hands moving back and forth.</i><P>

Waving "Hello", right? ;-)<P>

Powerlines are the bane of my photographic existence where I live. I know... I like turning the ol' lights on and recharging my batteries as much as the next guy but couldn't they have <I>buried</i> them?<P>

I guess tossed-out beer cans come in a close second.

No wait... I know what annoys me more than <B>anything</b> else: <P>

Other photographers.<P>

Particularly the ones who are better than me. And that includes that chimp at the zoo with a Holga.<P>

But seriously, for many, nature photography is a somewhat solitary endeavour. I've been standing knee-deep in a secluded stream with just me, my camera and a tripod and heard a noise behind me.<P>

I turned around and there was this guy, <I>running at me</i> with a camera in his hand, practically screaming: "What kind of camera do you use?"<P>

Earlier that same day I was shooting some Amanita Muscaria mushrooms I'd found in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mtn. Nat'l Park. I made the terrible mistake of being visible from the road.<P>

A car stopped. A couple (man and woman) jumped out, and ran up, positioning themselves <I>between</i> my camera and the mushrooms that were, oh, 4-5 feet away and started snapping away with their point-and-shoot.<P>

I seriously wanted to bludgeon them to death.

Waiting for a couple of hours for a perfect sunset, and just before tripping the shutter, a

military jet flies over leaving a contrail that will last for the next 30 minutes. I swear, it's a

military conspiracy against camera-toting nature lovers.

Heck, I'm with Jay on this.

Actually, here in NC, we have construction trash all over the place. It apparently blows off the backs of trucks that are ostensibly taking it to the landfill, and migrates from the side of the road into the brush and woods. Some of it looks like it could be a wrapper from a 500 pound Big Mac.

Jay gets my vote.

The president didn't.

My nine year old daughter makes some extra cash picking up those cans that get tossed on our road, and bringing them into the scrap metal dealer. I hate the cans, but I'm just as pissed off at the politicians in my state that refuse to pass a bottle and can deposit law.

<i>Power lines? Photoshop. What power lines? </i><br>

Seriously though, with all the construction going on around here--east coast, central

Florida--we don't have that much roadside trash. But even a little bit ticks me off, like all

of

the household content of a broken tossed or fallen off the truck plastic liner bag.As my

two-

year old granddaughter says, "Not nice."