You ever notice...

<p>You ever notice thay just about the time you are to take a picture somebody steps infront of you. At first I though

it was jus a coincidence, but after it hapned to me millions of times I started wondering. You set up

your tripod and lights, you compose the picture perfectly, you get the right exposure settings then somebody unawar

es decides to step right infront of my camera to ruin the shot. Is it me, but this keeps happening to

me over and over again ?&nbs

<p>I've noticed that when I see something that I'd like to photograph quickly and without being noticed - perhaps a small house with a nice fence & flowers along the walkway to the front door - someone will come out the door as soon as I get my camera up to my eye. </p>

<p>Most of the time I'll feel guilty & suspicious and quickly move on, but sometimes I'll greet the person and ask if I can take the photo. Either way, it's bizarre how many times that kind of thing can happen.</p>

<p>Opposite: the person I want to photograph notices me as soon as the camera is up, steps aside because he thinks I want to photograph (insert name of tourist site/house/lamp post/brick wall here). :)</p>

<p>Usually is a subject that has not been invited into the group that I'm taking the picture of and includes itself without asking, on this cases I leave the decision to the customer if they want that person in the picture or not, sometimes they ask the person to step out :)<br>

Primarly the biggest problem is with the waiters, they just cross in front of the camera not aware that they might ruin the shot. The best way to keep 'em out is to look around before taking the picture and if you see someone coming look at them right in the eyes. That usually stops them on their track. But also you find people that stop and will not cross if you dont signal them that is ok to cross in front of you. That's why I love weddings you get a lot to talk and say about after it ends.</p>

<p>It happens all the time especially with kids. Adults are often in their own world and don't notice you. When they do, most of the time they wait until you shoot. When they do I always thank them. Kids are another story. They often are so full of energy and excitement that they don't notice you or if they do see you they run in front of you anyway.</p>

<p><em>"...or they have no concept of using a wide angle."</em></p>

<p>We're now in a society that is accustomed to crowding in for the arm's length group photo appearing on Facebook. Many people can't believe you can take a comfortably posed photo with an 18mm/digital or 28mm/film lens on an SLR.</p>

<p><em>"You mean like </em><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6018173/Squirrel-is-surprise-star-of-holiday-photo.html" target="_blank"><em>this guy</em></a><em>?</em><br>

<em>Too easy, sorry..."</em></p>

<p>LOL, thanks!<br>

That is why I use MANUAL FOCUS for all self-posed, auto-timer shots. In that case though, the MF would've ruined the day. ;-)</p>