York Photo Film

The price of C-41 films is almost irrelevant compared to the cost of competent processing and printing. But consumers aren't thinking "whole cycle" when they buy film, so there remains a market for off-brand lower quality film. From my point of view, why buy anything less than the professional films...

I can't speak for the 100, but the York 200 is made in Italy. I think there's only one company there that makes color film, but I can't recall the name. I tried a roll of the 200 once and did not care for it (too contrasty, brash colors) I recently bought a 4 roll pack of Fuji 100 at Wal Mart for only 2.50 USD. That's way cheaper than York film. Of course, if you're not in the USA, you may not be able to find that deal. Unless price is important, stick with Kodak or Fuji.

All made in Italy film is Ferrenia film. I have a crap load of the Clark Color lab version, and I used it to just use it. But for pictures I know I want quality, but the Pro films like Kodak Portra or Fuji's version.

All though I used alot of the Clark color stuff this summer for flower Macros, the contrast and punchy colors of the Ferrenia film worked well. Also try to shoot the stuff at 1/3 stop over exposed. I found that helps alot.

Joe<div>00Majs-38561284.jpg.3d5d6b98d472b31560e2cb402d7cc519.jpg</div>