York(Clark) Photo Quality?

Does $1.95 include prints?

York/Clark has a reputation of delivering quality commensurate with their prices. I gave up on Snapfish when they were aligned with York/Clark because of poor print quality. (I haven't revisited Snapfish since HP bought them.)

Well, I'm starting to use them again, but am not interested much in the prints other than as proofs. It's the negatives I am after for scanning and then working with in PS CS2.

I do know that although they process C41 as a business mainstay, sending them C41 process chromogenic B&W film (Ilford XP2) confusing the living dickens out of them and half the time the roll is either returned unprocessed, or forwarded to a B&W silver process lab.

This happens no matter how clearly I mark the film as C41 process (wrapped in a sheet of paper with big red letters).

• 2 years later...

<p>In my experience, quality from Clark has been hit or miss. Even though York and Clark are run by the same company, I found York quality much worse for some reason.<br>

Many people swear by Costco, but they did a horrible job on my prints (I had to have quite a few rolls reprinted at a 1-hour lab, which turned out way better), so I'm never using Costco again.<br>

I would also stay away from Target or Walgreens (the worst).<br>

With good yet affordable film processing getting harder and harder to find, I may be forced to go digital soon - sad!!!!<br>

For my next roll of film I'm going to try ABCPhotolab.com to see if they are as good as people say.</p>

• 3 months later...
<p>I just received my first print from Clark's, from a roll of fuji 160s and a fuji reala. They did a fantastic job. For the reala, the shots were of 4th july fireworks only. They printed it very well,with brilliant flare of fireworks in a pitch dark background. For the 160s the color was also very nice and as expected.</p>