Yongnuo YN568 EX with Trigger and Transceiver Won't Work

mark_dunlap

<p>Just purchased a Yongnuo YN568EX flash, YN622N-TX controller and two YN-622N transceivers. The whole purpose was to have an off camera speedlight I can control entirely from camera position, as well as having high speed sync. So far, I can fire the flash remotely using the the 622N-TX controller and one of the 622N transceivers, but I can't make adjustments to the flash from the controller position. At this point, all I have is a remote trigger and if I want to make adjustments to the flash output, I have to do it manually on the flash.<br>

I've pulled up every Youtube tutorial I can find and have done my best to decipher the Chinese to English owners manuals and I haven't been able to control the flash with the controller, except for basic firing. At the moment, I'm not putting the controller on the camera. I would think that I don't have to have the controller on the camera for everything to work.<br>

Can someone give me some pointers on this. Wanting to use this speedlight/trigger combination over the weekend and would like to not have to adjust everything at the flash.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>A lot of those controllers really have to be on the camera to work.<br>

The controllers provide info to the camera and the camera actually sends commands to the remote flash with the radio controller intercepting the command and sending it along to the slave radio unit that the flash is mounted on.</p>

<p>I have the same combination, and with the YN622N-TX <strong>on the camera</strong>, it does work. Just make sure the the groups/channels of the transceivers are set OK, and you're good to go. You can then use the YN622N-TX to set each group to the flashmode (iTTL/Manual), focal length and flash compensation/output you want.</p>

<p>I am not convinced that the controller does work when not on camera, there is communication going on between the camera and the remote controller (for example, iTTL depends on the camera for the metering); so I think as a stand-alone, it might not work. Just mount the remote trigger on the hotshoe.</p>

<p>I put the YN622 controller on my Nikon D7000 and immediately I could see the aperture change on the flash as I adjusted it on the camera. But there was still no noticeable control of the flash from the controller. I put the flash on iTTL and still got nothing. I'll do some more tests and see if I can figure it out.</p>