yongnue flash

<p>I would assume the difference is a result of the two entirely different flash control protocols used by Nikon and Canon.<br>

The two models are probably identical except for the control signals from the camera that they respond to.<br>

Canon and Nikon are completely different in how they control the flash mounted on the camera.</p>

<p>It seems the EX-II model only exists for Canon. The EX model without the roman 2 exists for both Nikon and Canon. The yongnuo site, however, makes no mention of the difference at all, but there will be different models for the two brands as the signals for iTTL (Nikon) and eTTL (Canon) aren't identical.<br>

On the Yongnuo flashes I bought, it is printed clearly on the box for which brand it is; either a N for Nikon, C for Canon, or the entire name is visible on the packaging. Else, verify with the place where you bought your specific flash to make sure.</p>

<p>I have just purchased two (2) Yongnuo Speedlites<br>

Model YN560 III.</p>

<p>These were order from the Canadian importer in the Republic of Quebec.<br>

These are intended for use with Nikon gear.</p>

<p>No where on the box is there an indication these flash units are compatible <br>

with Nikon Gear. I may only assume the website for the company is correct in noting these devices are Nikon compatible. </p>

<p>From the YN560EX manual, it looks as though there is only one model, and that it can be configured for either or both Canon <em>and </em>Nikon systems, but as a slave only. The following is from YongNuo's YN565EX manual:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"The LCD screen display cn when [OK] button is</p>

<p align="LEFT">pressed at this moment. This means that it receives the wireless signal from Canon and Nikon at the same time.</p>

<p align="LEFT">Press ZOOM button again and ,< CH > or < A > will flash. This means that it enters setting state of Canon</p>

<p align="LEFT">or Nikon wireless option, communication channel or slave unit. At this moment, use

and

buttons</p>

<p align="LEFT">to set slave unit c/n separately, number of communication channel (1,2,3,4)or slave group (A,B,C),</p>

<p align="LEFT">then press [OK] button to confirm setting."</p>

</blockquote>

<p align="LEFT">Note the section where it says that it receives "the wireless signal from Canon and Nikon at the same time".</p>

<p align="LEFT"> </p>

<p align="LEFT">Bryce, the YN560 is a manual only flash - no TTL control. So it doesn't matter what camera you mount it on as long as it has a standard hotshoe.</p>