YN560-III + RF-603II + Canon 5D Mark III Compatability ?

adam_r2

<p>Does anyone know if the "YONGNUO 2.4G Wireless Speedlite YN560-III" is compatible when off-camera, with the "YONGNUO RF-603II" mounted on the Canon 5D mark III hotshoe ? <br /> I know it works with the Canon 5D Mark II , but I'm not sure about the 5D Mark III as the specifications don't mention this.<br /> <br /> <br /> Cheers<br /> <br /> Adam</p>

<p>Yes it will. It should work with any camera hotshoe. Yongnuo advertises their 603 triggers as being for Canon ("C" designation at the end of model name) or Nikon "N", but in reality it doesn't matter and they will work on any camera. (These are manual flashes/triggers, not TTL). I use Yongnuo 603II triggers with the "C" designation on my Nikon bodies with no issue. The only thing that is different is the plug on the cord (for remote triggering of the camera) they send with it. The plug fits whatever camera it is advertised as being compatible with. So if you want to be able to remote trigger your camera shutter with the 603II, you will need to make sure you are getting the right package. It doesn't matter for triggering the flash though. The "N" and "C" versions of these triggers have the different Canon and Nikon contact pin layout for the hotshoe but since you aren't transmitting TTL with these triggers all that really matters is the center pin (Which lines up on the same spot for all models)</p>

<p>Yes Adam you can. The 560III has a built in receiver that will work with the Yongnuo 602/603 triggers (both the original 603 and the 603II will fire it as well). You just have to make sure all of the built in receivers in the Yongnuo flashes are set to the same transmitter type (602 or 603) that is on your camera. This is done in the menu of the flash. You also need to make sure they are on the same channel. This is done with a garage door opener style dip-switch in the battery compartment of the transceiver and in the menu of the flash. The flash has a little pictogram in the LCD display that shows what the dip switches should look like for every channel setting. Of course you can also attach the 603II to the hotshoe foot of any non-Yongnuo flash (or connect it via PC cord) and trigger those as well. Just be careful using them with older high voltage flashes as I don't believe they are rated for very high trigger voltages. I did fry one trying to trigger an ancient Vivitar 283.</p>