Yet ANOTHER "Problem With Your Input"

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by jimadams, Oct 2, 2010.

1. I've been attempting to update the few sentences in my little biography space on my portfolio.
    This is what I get when I click on the "update" button:
    Problem with Your Input

We had a problem processing your entry:
    • You may only use letters, numbers, underscore and hyphen in your gallery short name. If you didn't change it, you may have had a space in there from before. We no longer allow this; please remove any spaces.
    Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry.

All I'm trying to do is add a few sentences...no numbers, hyphens, whatever. And what does this have to do with my "gallery short name" whatever that is? I don't even know what a gallery short name is.
    I have no idea what that "problem" message is trying to tell me. What is going on with this? I'm using IE8 and Windows 7.

2. Are you pasting in text that you've edited in a piece of software like a word processor?

3. There is likely a space in your gallery short name. Remove the space and you won't see the message. Spaces were previously allowed, but they were blocked a while back due to being terrible URL formatting. Old gallery names with spaces were not auto-changed, but you need to update it if you want to update anything else on that page.

4. "And what does this have to do with my "gallery short name" whatever that is? I don't even know what a gallery short name is."
    You have a space in your Gallery Portfolio/Personal URL url: photo.net/photos/Jim Adams
    That's no longer accepted by the system. It's okay as is as long as you don't make any changes to your Biography page, but as soon as you try to make a change you get the rather cryptic message above.
    Go to My Workspace, click on the "Update your personal information" link, and change the "Short name for gallery URL:" field to "JimAdams" (no space). That should clear the error and allow you to make your other changes.

5. Matt Laur: No, I wasn't pasting in text from any other software.
    Michael Freeman: Thank you so much for your help. That solved the problem.