Yet ANOTHER "Problem With Your Input"

jimadams

<p>I've been attempting to update the few sentences in my little biography space on my portfolio.</p>

<p>This is what I get when I click on the "update" button:</p>

<h2>Problem with Your Input</h2>

<p><strong>We had a problem processing your entry: </strong></p>

<ul>

<li><strong>You may only use letters, numbers, underscore and hyphen in your gallery short name. If you didn't change it, you may have had a space in there from before. We no longer allow this; please remove any spaces. </strong></li>

</ul>

<p><strong>Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry. </strong><br>

<em> </em><br>

All I'm trying to do is add a few sentences...no numbers, hyphens, whatever. And what does this have to do with my "<em><strong>gallery short name</strong></em>" whatever <em>that</em> is? I don't even know what a gallery short name is.</p>

<p>I have no idea what that "problem" message is trying to tell me. What is going on with this? I'm using IE8 and Windows 7.</p>

<p>There is likely a space in your gallery short name. Remove the space and you won't see the message. Spaces were previously allowed, but they were blocked a while back due to being terrible URL formatting. Old gallery names with spaces were not auto-changed, but you need to update it if you want to update anything else on that page.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"And what does this have to do with my "<strong>gallery short name</strong>" whatever that is? I don't even know what a gallery short name is."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>You have a space in your Gallery Portfolio/Personal URL url: <a href="../photos/Jim%20Adams">photo.net/photos/Jim Adams</a></p>

<p>That's no longer accepted by the system. It's okay as is as long as you don't make any changes to your Biography page, but as soon as you try to make a change you get the rather cryptic message above.</p>

<p>Go to <a href="../pvt/home">My Workspace</a>, click on the "<a href="../pvt/basic-info-update">Update</a> your personal information" link, and change the "<strong>Short name for gallery URL</strong>:" field to "JimAdams" (no space). That should clear the error and allow you to make your other changes.</p>