Yellow Tint

verneille_tassin

<p>What causes this yellowish tint to my images? Im shooting with a canon t1i and 580exii bounced off ceiling. I rather bounce light versus direct light for the softness. I'm shooting in manual. Any advice? I know how to correct this in photoshop but how can I prevent it? Also, if aiming the flash directly on your subject is there anything specific to use with the flash to make the image soft? <br>

<a href=" IMG_8152

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p>I'm not an expert by any means in flash photography, but this looks like a white balance problem caused by mixing your flash with tungsten light. I suspect one solution is to set a custom white balance prior to shooting, but I hope others will chime in to verify the probable cause and perhaps an easier solution.</p>

<p>If you hadn't stripped the EXIF data from the image, it would have been much easier to be certain about the cause of the problem, but in the absence of that, I would go with SP's hypothesis that you had a mixture of flash and ambient tungsten, <strong>or</strong> flash plus tungsten plus fluorescent. To make matters worse, the color of the bounce flash was almost certainly warmed up considerably because of bouncing off of a possibly off-white ceiling and all the very warm cabinets and paneling in the room.</p>

<p>When you say that you are shooting "in manual", I'm not sure if you mean manual exposure settings, manual white balance, or both. If you used one of the manual WB presets, switch to automatic WB and give it a try. If that doesn't work, do as Stephen suggested and set a custom WB. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.</p>

<p>If you want to brute-force a solution, increase the ratio of the flash exposure to ambient exposure to strongly favor the flash exposure. The simplest way to do this is to increase your shutter speed to the fastest value which will still synch to the flash, usually around 1/250 sec. There are several other ways to do this, but there's not much point in doing this until I know more about the settings you used (hence my suggestion not to strip EXIF data from images posted for help). </p>

<p>HTH,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>