Year In Review - Ten Favorites

Discussion in 'Nature' started by fgorga, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Laura,

Thanks for posting. The macro domain is always fascinating.

All your photos are very nice, but I think that the slime mold is my favorite.

I am a retired biochemistry professor. There is a large body of biochemical research on the intercellular signaling that allows slime molds to organize themselves into these fantastic multicellular structures. I don't know much about the subject, but I did attend a few seminars on the topic over the years.

--- Frank

2. Mark,

Do not despair!

I can only speak for myself, but it has taken years (no make that decades) of practice (and lots of so, so photos) to get to this point.

Keep at it!

--- Frank

dcstep likes this.
  3. Bill,

A fantastic and unusual photo. Thanks for playing along.

--- Frank

dcstep likes this.
  4. Leslie,

Thanks for posting. All of the photos are very nice.

My favorite is your first.... for the "strangeness". ;-) Unexpected is always good.

When I fist saw it my mind said "sandstone", then I read your description and the sutures became obvious.

--- Frank

5. I learned that lesson the hard way once as a kid bringing a paper hornet nest in from the cold.

6. 1490704_783c60b0ca2feab506111a7cb87686d4.JPG

1490706_6970c4a3b9a985144923392af3f807a8.JPG

1490705_a21ff384906e396607e20e32daade565.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
    MarcelRomviel, marksmith and dcstep like this.
  7. I am with Mark. I have just started to post images on Photo.Net aftert lurking for a while. Now, after this thread I am actually embarrassed. Your photos are all so incredible!

dcstep likes this.