Yashica T4 zoom empty battery fault

Discussion in 'Extreme, Retro, Instant and More' started by hallel_magaso, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this question. I recently came into possession of a non-working Yashica T4Zoom p&S. The problem with the camera is that when a battery is loaded into it, the "empty battery" sign (the outline of a battery) on the lcd blinks continuously and the camera does not turn on when the power button is pressed. I am sure the batteries I tried are good since I tested them with a voltmeter (CR123=3+volts). I did a little digging around the internet and found that this is not an isolated problem and many people have been asking around for a solution to this problem. So far there doesn't seem to be any solution or even any information as to what is causing this. So, now I come to the photo.net community for help. I hope someone out there has an idea as to what is causing this and if there is anything that can be done to fix it. Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

2. If it's that common of a problem it's probably a common fault or defect in the computer board. It's not thst uncommon for computerized cameras to have a defect like this. Some electronics are very sensitive and the camera could have been dropped, gotten wet, or simply have a loose contact or corrosion. Also, sometimes even if batteries appear "good" on a voltmeter they are actually "dead" when load is put on them. Are the batteries you are using "new", as in not just new out of the package but within their expiration date?

3. The camera body is in very good condition, no dents or deep gashes the usually signify a dropped camera. There is no sign of moisture damage internally (I opened it up just to see what's inside). The batteries I used are reasonably fresh and they work without any issues on other cameras, including a regular (non-zoom) Yashica T4. Anyway, it looks like this has something to do with the electronics, way beyond anything I am capable of fixing. But, I'm still hoping that there is a simple fix. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to this query.