yashica T3 worth keeping?

gatorgums

Hello there .....

I found a Yashica T3 Super in great condition at a thrift store for $5.

The price is obviously not an issue, but l have heard that some people say it

does not focus well.

I also heard some good comments.

Is this series of yashica "t" s worth keeping, as opposed to say the T4

or T5?

Thanks!

Definitely well worth that. I got one for my brother in Law to take water skiing as it is splash resistant but it eventually got smashed in the back of a speed boat. I then got him a T5 but he never liked it as much. Although I think the T4/5's have a slightly better lens, the focus on these is not as fast as the T3 and his water skiing shots were never as good. The T3 is only one of the Yashica T series to have a 2.8 lens the rest were 3.5's. For that money its a steal. I have all 5 still in the cupboard, I always found them the compact AF of choice.

Thanks!

Folks, i would like to say i was just spoofing you,

but l am not! I couldn't believe my eyes when

l pulled out that camera and it was T3!

$4.99 Canadian took it. I quietly walked up to the

counter, poker -faced and coughed it up.(out)

It was underneath a pile of electrical junk on a shelf

What's funnier is that in the auction case

they had a Minolta Slr up for bids!

With the strap case manual etc!

I also was not spoofing in asking if it was worth keeping.

As i said, i have heard some negative comment on the focusing,

but i suspect that in extreme reflective light or

low contrast situations it may have difficulty.

But that just means to be carefull with what, when and how you choose your subject and lighting.

I don't think there are many p&s's that can do it all annyway.<div>00MRaU-38314584.jpg.a08747e79bec6cd83f76e4b6fb74efd6.jpg</div>

It will be interesting to find out how you got on with it. I had a T3 for a while, but found the focussing to be unreliable, which was a shame, as my T5 is virtually foolproof, and I'd hoped the wider maximum on the T3 would be useful. In practice, seemingly simple scenes in a range of common lighting conditions returned poorly focussed pictures in up to three quarters of exposures. I thought I'd just had a bad example, and wasn't aware till I saw this thread there might be a history with this model.

• 1 year later...

I had 3 of them. (Both models, T3 and T3super.)

I bought the first from a seller advertising it in the newspaper (used ofcourse). This one worked for about half

a year but his electronics failed. It did so in the winter, maybe they don't like cold as I always had it in my

coat pocket.

Bought the other two from eBay. The second came with a focusing problem. It always focused too far, behind the

subject. The tird one had a tilted lens. Maybe it was dropped. You could see the lens is not paralell to the film

plane. (On the other hand: Who has a compact with tilt capabilities?)

I have now two T1 and they do fine, more reliable then the T3.Althought I don't like the lens as much as on the

T3. They are ok, but the T3 is perfect. Also had a T2, but it was defunct from the beginning, so could not use

it. Never tried the T5 (they are too expensive).

So if you get a T3 or T3super, buy them. But verify before that they work and if possible ask how much they were

used, the chances to fail seem to be bigger on models which were not too much in use.

Eugen

• 1 year later...

<p>I am facing a weird problem of my T3 Super here. Every time when the film is taken to number 22, the auto rewind start to work, which means I have to waste about 14-15 films each roll!<br>

Have anyone faced this problem before and can help me to fix this problem? I really do not know what the reason is and I also do not want to give up my T3.<br>

Thanks a lot!</p>