Yashica Samurai follow-up

JDMvW

<p>Some time back I did a report/review of the Yashica Samurai 3.0X.( http://www.photo.net/modern-film-cameras-forum/00YvJm )</p>

<p>At the time, we couldn't find any image evidence for the undoubted existence of the "left-handed" Samurai.</p>

<p>I have finally found it and added pictures and ads at the end of the post referred to above (<a href="../modern-film-cameras-forum/00YvJm">link</a>).</p>

<p>For those of little concern for all the details, here are the Yashica advertisement photos of the right- and left-handed versions:</p><div>00a181-442543584.jpg.c0c4e3ad7984c538fe7fcf6fa91496ee.jpg</div>

<p>I wasn't <em>sceptical</em> at the time, but I'd never heard of such an obliging consumer awareness on the part of a photographic manufacturer. Now we know it really happened; I wonder how many left-handed units were sold? Can you think of any other examples of this choice being offered for photographic equipment?</p>

<p>I can't think of any other example myself.</p>

<p>That's one reason I thought it was worth the trouble to post and intrude it into other people's browsing.</p>

<p>Of course, some people think the original Exaktas were ONLY left-handed. Some of the very last of the marque had both left and right shutter releases, but most people don't count those as Exaktas anyway.</p>