Yashica Lynx 1000

Well done, Tony - a very nicely researched article. My first serious camera was a Yashica Minister D in 1966, which although not so high-tech as the Lynx shared some of those classic Yashica 35mm CRF features.

From a collecting viewpoint, I'm always surpised at just how little most Yashicas sell for. Maybe that's an indication of how successful they were back then, with so many still around today in proportion to the number of collectors! (Pete In Perth)

Today's 35mm cameras are so different and often look like toys.

I still think the classics like the Lynx look like real cameras.

Back in the 1960's one of the bosses has an old Minolta, it had an odd almost trapaziodal shape but had a 5 element f/2.8 lens, the travel photos he brought back were so sharp. Some of these old "machines" will be taking great photos as long as film is available.

Thanks for posting the link, Tony. Aesthetically and functionally this looks like a lovely camera. I've collected a few compact rangefinders already (Oly, Konica, Minolta) but for some reason hadn't noticed the Yashicas before. Now I really want one of these.

Tony, I commented on your site, but I'll say again here that I really enjoyed your article, and your pictures were very nice. The Lynx-1000 is a really nice camera that I believe is undervalued in the collector market, but that's okay by me. It's a very nice looking camera, but the features and capabilities are most impressive for any camera of that period, let alone a relatively compact rangefinder. Thanks for spotlighting it.