Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 compatible Body

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by behosam, Jul 3, 2018.

1. I forgot about the FX-103. Another good choice. With it and the other models that suffer from covering issues one might get lucky and find one that has had the covering replaced and maybe a CLA as well.

2. Okay, I don't mean to sidetrack things again, but I have to retract an earlier statement. It seems as though the Canon EF DOES indeed do mirror prefire, as does the Nikkormat FTN.

The statement about mechanical Copal Squares incorporating this feature appears to be correct...although I'd still like to test a Canon T60.

3. The T60 has an electronic self timer, so I doubt it will have the mirror pre-release feature. Certainly, some of the other cameras based on this Cosina auto/manual design don't.

4. I agree. I don't think it has the mirror pre-release feature. Looking at the manual on the Butkus website the self-timer is set by pressing a button. This counts down the release of the shutter. Normally a mirror release would require a mechanical force to raise the mirror, either from the actual shutter release, or by some electrical mechanical connection like a solenoid, but I doubt an inexpensive camera like the T60 would have the latter. Further reading in the manual mentions the shutter is electronically timed and has an electromagnetic release, which is not what most pre release mirror self timers have.