Yashica Electro 35 PROFESSIONAL

maiku

<p>Hi,<br /><br />I bought a Yashica Professional a few weeks ago. I took it out over the week-end. I love it. I would like to post a photo of it, but at the moment my digital camera battery is dead. I hope to post a photo of the beauty tomorrow morning.<br>

<br /><br />As you may or may not know there are two versions of the Yashica Electro Professional. I have both. In fact, I have three Yashica Electro 35 Professionals. But my latest purchase is the only one that fully functions. My latest one has the Professional label glued to the bottom right of the lens. Both versions are black bodied. This camera lacks the gold contacts, hence the lack of G designation on the body. I think the Professional is the forerunner to the Yashica GT. It feels and looks like the GT.<br>

<br /><br />One unusual thing is that the battery cap is chrome. It looks like a Cyclops. It does look really strange, but at least I know that the battery cap is original. The ISO settings are from 25 to 1000. The lens is a Yashinon 45mm f1.7. One thing I never knew about the Professional model is that is has parallax correction. I also really like the circular over and under lights. They are much easy to see when they light up. They are very bright. They are much better than the over and under arrow placed in the later Electro G series.</p>

<p>I used Fuji Venus 100 ISO film. I shoot first half the roll at 50 ISO (1-stop over). I then shot the second at 100 ISO. I wanted to test how the meter reacted to one CR123 battery and 2 SR44 batteries. The best results were at the 100 ISO.<br>

<br /><br />So what do the photos look like.... Here... take a look.<br /><br />Mike</p><div>00UVf4-173373684.JPG.91290d94b44faee741112e16c7edaaf8.JPG</div>

<p>SP.</p>

<p>I assume the Profeesional labelled was added due to the following:</p>

<p>1. 1000 ISO setting<br>

2. Parallax correction<br>

3. Black body.</p>

<p>Other than these reasons I cannot think of anything else that distinguishes it from it sbiling the orginal chrome Electro 35.</p>

<p>Mike</p>