Xrays...please don't hate me for bringing this subject up again

Hi,

I know this topic has been raised innumerable times, so I'll

apologize ahead of time, but what I wanted to ask is perhaps someone

had a gallery or some pics they could post that showed some ISO50-

100 speed film that went through the carry-on scanner at a U.S.

airport. I'm leaving for California on Tuesday and I wanted to see

proof that they won't harm the film because I keep hearing people

say that it won't harm it but have never been able to find any

actual evidence of it. I'm debating whether to just USPS overnight

it to the hotel. I will be bringing 120 iso50 Velvia and 35mm

iso100 Reala. I do trust what you guys have said before and do

believe you, but some pictures would ease my worrying.

Thanks a million,

Jordan

If you're such a doubting Thomas, how could a scan of one undamaged negative prove the point to you?

But, if you really think that everyone here on this forum is a pack of liars about the safety of airport carry-on X-ray machines, here's a shot that's been through the machines twice. Kodak Portra 400NC.

Of course, how do you know I'm not lying?<div>00CzIY-24828884.jpg.22ad1ebc90f9c2b17ff68ef8f740950e.jpg</div>

"... I keep hearing people say that it won't harm it but have never been able to find any actual evidence of it."

Doesn't the lack of evidence more or less confirm that domestic carry-on X-ray scanners don't fog low speed films? Surely if someone had experienced damage there would have been a big "X-RAY WARNING" post here long ago.

I share others' exasperation.

There are some countries in the world that don't feel obliged to give you the option of hand inspection. I live in one of them (UK). You might notice that our photographic industry has not collapsed here- People still travel internally by air and overseas and make pictures. People come here from overseas and take pictures. If there was a real problem with carry-on X ray and normal film you'd know about it.

I suggest you find something else to worry about(or preferably not).

For the speed of films which you are contemplating, I think you're worrying too much. I have had some of my travel film irradiated 6-8 times without any visible issues. Here's a picture of Kodak UC400 that's been irradiated at least 6 times that I can count. There was a round trip to Ireland, then Houston, then St. Louis where I finally shot it. There may have been a trip somewhere in the middle that I forgot about. This is the statue of St. Louis outside the Museum of Art.<div>00D0nX-24864984.thumb.jpg.76f2617307a58c5fc6c994a3d15dcfdd.jpg</div>

Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and just ran it all through the scanner. I'll find out soon if there was an effect, but from what all of you have said, I am not worried at all about x-rays. Now, the fact that my aperature keeps sticking locked down is another story.

Thanks again,

Jordan