X-ray sensitive films?

fotografya

Is there anyone who tried x-ray sensitive film vs conventional film in means of

quality and sharp contrast by daylight?

I've tried x-ray sensitive film in my new ( and I'm also new to 4x5) Toyo 4x5 , it

seems quite sharp and detailed but unfortunately my home location does not let me

to achieve conventional sheet film. :(

ALL film is x-ray sensitive. The difference between conventional film and medical x-ray film is in the thickness of the emulsion and its contrast. Also, I don't think that x-ray film has panchromatic sensitivity, so you'll get results similar to old 19th century and early C20th dry plates.

I work with x-rays as an art form and use both medical mamography and regular photographic film. Medical x-ray films get most of their exposure from fluorescent screens that either give off a blue or green light when struck by x-rays. Most medical films have either an extended blue or green sensativity for that reason. This screen system reduces radiation exposure to the patient. Some general purpose films are double coated on both sides and mamography film is single coated for greater sharpness. Industrial films are generally of the no screen type getting it's exposure from x-rays only. Dental is much like industrial in tthat it does not receive any exposure from fluorescent screens.

Mamo film might be OK for photo work but would have a funky spectral curve. I would suggest developing in HC 110 B under a red safe light by inspection. No idea of ISO because each brand and type of film is different. You might start around 100 and give it a try.