WTH? First thing on my screen when I logged in was a nude shot

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by bethe_fisher, Oct 9, 2017.

1. No inconvenience. Especially as Laura and I agree on this one.

If they want to add features, they could look at the banner showing who the OP is. It works well on photrio - another xenfora site.

PapaTango likes this.
  2. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

That's good.
    As I stated, when I realized my error, I decided that it didn't matter much: naturally I apologized because you brought the error to my direct attention.
    Yes I am familiar with the forums which show the OP as a tag line, those that I have seen appear under the Member's Avatar.

WW

3. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Maybe I am doing something wrongly, or differently (happens a lot), but the way I access PN goes immediately to the forums, like so :

Photo.net Photography Forums

which is set up in an HTML file accessed from the HTML file that opens as my home page (all on C drive). Every so often (and I have no idea how often - at 67 YOA, with less of me working every day, I really cannot be bothered to keep a note of such irrelevancies), I am called upon to log in. I open the login page in a fresh window, log in, ignore whatever is displayed as it has no relevance to me, close the window, then refresh the original PN Forums page and Voila ! I am logged in again, at the cost of a couple of clicks and possibly a sigh or two. Not even enough time for my tea to get cold. Then, I meander through the actual forums that interest me, taking whatever action I deem necessary. I am chronically lazy - i try to find the easiest way of doing things.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    frigo and William Michael like this.
  4. I open PN straight into the Seeking Critique page by saving it as a bookmark (this is for nostalgic reasons as the Critique Forum was always my first port of back in the days when there was a point).
    But what I'm trying to convey is for me there is the option to open PN where I choose (I'm using Chrome). Would this information help, it seems this is similar to Tony Parsons answer.

5. PapaTango

PapaTango Itinerant Philosopher

Are you talking about the board index page listings, or the postbit space that contains our avatars? The latter space bothers me tremendously. Admins have turned off all of the information about us appearing there--such as join date, subscriber status, location, and any sort of title. I note that for moderators and other staff some of this is turned on. Just a couple clicks of the mouse to do this... :(

Gerald, have you set the 'new' timeline function in your account preferences to take you directly to the forums on login? I have, others have, and it works well for us. There are only a couple who are experiencing difficulty with this and I suspect that the issue is not on the PN server side.

6. It's in the space with the avatar (image attached). The new login was working for me the last time the system made me log in again (something else that works well on other sites, so I know it isn't how my cookies are set).

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 5.19.27 PM.png

7. Been looking for a way latelyt that I can open with a page of John Peri's sensuous and elegant nudes. Charges my batteries before the days news..... No kids, no bosses. My wife does n 't care. I jest. But not compoletely.. I cannot even go to PN at my library they embargoed the whole web site!. We are a funny society. There is now an app that will hide nudes and vault them, True. I am ecletic and open. I also like landscapes, some abstracts and some other stuff. I can accept good animal shots. and once in a while a praying mantis if handsome. But no more flowers for a while... Everything is personal and let it be so without reproach. Bethe has a valid issue. Aloha nui

John Peri and Gerald Cafferty like this.