WTB Rollei Alligator/Scissor Clips for strap

RolleiPollie

Hello world!

My name is Jensen Hallstrom and i have been a Rollei shooter for six years now with my 2.8D 'flex. I have recently changed out the MX-EVS style strap lugs for the standard scissor lugs and now I'm in the market for some alligator clips to make a new strap with. I am local to Los Angeles and Orange County so i'm willing to drive to meet up. This is my first time posting here and i'm looking forward to meeting the online photographic community.

• Like 1

The easiest way to acquire Rollei strap connectors is to buy a used strap. The straps are often over 50 years old, and the old leather can part without warning. However it is attached with a rivet which can be drilled out and replaced along with a new strap.

I took a different route, using an Op-Tech strap with loops at the camera end. I threaded the loops through the lugs on the camera and secured them with an half hitch. I still have the original strap, but don't trust it. I'll keep it for sentimental reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jensen,

I have a pair of clips I'd like to sell. I bought them for a Rolleiflex and was going to do what Ed said in his first paragraph. I paid $25 for them... you can have them for $15, the surface is a little worn where the camera's lug rubbed against them. This in no way affects their safety. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and attach some photos. I ended up buying a strap which already had clips so I didn't need these.

www.paulwhitingphotography.com