Writing Articles for the Learning menu list

JDMvW

How do "articles" such as those under the "Learning" tab, come into existence?

I ask because I see some very fine answers from some of our members to what are really FAQs. Some of these would

make fine short articles if expanded a little. Could the moderators, in their copious spare time, look for such

answers and perhaps ask for them to be submitted as articles? If someone wanted to volunteer an article is there

a mechanism for submitting articles to some sort of editorial review?

I did an internal Google<tm> on this, but nothing relevant popped up.

Thanks all. So the answer is to contact the moderator for the particular forum that the proposed article would cover?

What about suggesting to an editor that another person's answer to a query would be worth immortalizing? ;)

Thanks, I haven't got anything immediately, but I may have some ideas that I'll run by you later on.

I was just reminded of this in referring someone to the Learning Tab, and thought it would be better to find out the ropes before I forgot. There are often answers, especially to newbies, that do seem fairly timeless and universal--deserving of preservation beyond the sea of search answers that come up with Google.

I quite understand the need for an moderatorial/editorial hand to keep things from getting out of hand. I've been an editor myself on occasions.