I recently changed from having my processing done at Walmart (which ALWAYS

screwed some part of my order up) to www.MPix.com. I must say that I was SO

impressed with my pictures when I received them I was almost in tears!! LOL I

uploaded a set of about 150 different pictures in different sizes and the

quality of paper and color was excellent and the turnaround time was awesome!!

I will NEVER use Walmart again. MPix definitely gets TWO thumbs up from me!!

Carrie

I don't know if you should say you wont EVER use walmart again... I hate shopping at walmart, however I don't think that doing work at their photo lab count so.

I use to use wal-mart too. They use Fuji manchines (not that that matters). Just the other day I went to the Rite-aid and dropped off some cheep Fuji 400 superia X-tra (Personally I think its crappy film). (Rite-aid uses Kodak machines and prints on Fuji paper... wierd) I was supprised when it only cost me 2.99 for a CD only + processing!

Wal-mart charges 5.29 for CD Only + processing. SO I will get my CD Only made at the Rite-aid, besides it closer to my house.

HOWEVER,

I shoot on Ilford about 102% of the time, and develop myself. My local wal-mart will scan my uncut negatives (I don't have the money for a film scanner at the moment) and place them on a CD for me for only 2.99 where Rite-aid wont (or they are not smart enough... I don't like that woman... whatever).

So the next time you shoot lots of Black and White, think about wal-mart. I bet the www.MPix.com wont scan your uncut negatives!

P.S. I live in the middle of Kentucky and all the independant labs are closing, thus I have swiched to wal-mart.

I've read mixed reports on MPIX's C-41 processing. But their printing line is superb, and you get much better results on Kodak Endura paper than on Kodak's "consumer" papers. That's how my images go from the digital domain back to paper.

(The less said about Edge Generations, or whatever Kodak calls their cheap and nasty consumer paper now, the better.)