Wouter Willemse, photo.net Hero

ShunCheung

<p>As one of the moderators for this forum, I would like to announce that <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5189561">Wouter Willemse</a> is now a photo.net hero, in recognition of his many helpful answers on the Beginner Forum and the Nikon Forum, among other areas.</p>

<p>Others who frequent this forum and we have recognized in the past include:</p>

<ul>

<li>Jose Angel, who started the Nikon Wednesday image thread tradition</li>

<li>Matt Laur, who has been helpful all along and now starts those Wednesday threads every week</li>

<li>Michael Freeman</li>

<li>Peter Hamm</li>

</ul>

<p>A little more info on the icons: http://www.photo.net/member-status-icons/</p>

<p>Congratulations, Wouter.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>And Owen, the tradition is three cheers, lol</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, there seems to be some sort of delay/glitch when you post to photo.net recently. A few days ago I posted something, and it appeared that it wasn't posted so I tried again, and again. But in fact those posts were queued up and all of a sudden, my post was repeated some 6 times. Matt had that same issue with this week's Wednesday image thread and it created four different threads. Fortunately I happened to be on line and deleted the three we didn't need.</p>

<p>If I have time, I'll clean those up, but in this case I'll leave Owen's posts around or the context would be lost.</p>

<p>Definitely an appropriate recognition for Wouter's many helpful and cheerful contributions - he's thoughtful, constructive, congenial, and has wisely chosen not to use Canon equipment :-)<br /><br />And for a Dutch guy living in Sicily, his English is better than mine and many others. So that's gotta be worth special recognition all by itself, as he is heroically conjugating verbs in a foreign language. Glad to see this! Whenever I see his name in a thread, I know it's going to be a pleasant conversation.</p>