Would you please check my account

stupski

I am one who has received a lot of instantaneous 3/3s on my photos.

I do understand that not everyone will like them and take no umbrage

at that. However, there have been a couple of shots that did

extremely well overall, but got 3/3 from one voter. This seems to

consistently happen, and I have felt confused by it. You mentioned

that you can check for bogus ratings, and I would appreciate it if

you would do that for me please. Thanks.

I saw some bogus ratings today as well. There was someone giving out 6/6 to every single

photo and there was only one rating as I looked through the rating gallery, so I'm sure it

was the same person.

D.L.: I have given up on the ratings here because you get people who are bogus like that. I

think that if someone really wants to give you feedback to give you accolades or to help

improve your work, they would leave a comment. I haven't left any ratings for anyone's

photos in about a month and I must say I'm happy to do so. If you've read any of my

previous posts, I've always said that the rating system isn't all that helpful here. But words

move mountains. Join Five if you'd like some honestly towards your work. Here's the link:

http://www.photo.net/photo/4062848

Cheers and good luck if you can have your low ratings removed.

I'm not a gallery moderator so I don't remove ratings, but I can see them.

I looked at your recent images and found a couple of 3/3 ratings, but from what I can tell they appear to be honest ratings. Those two people just didn't like your images. Neither was rating in any "lowball" pattern and neither was "targeting" you.

Not everyone likes the same type of image. I do not see the two examples of 3/3 ratings that I looked at as being obviously abusive.

But like I say, I do not moderate in the gallery, so my opion does not count!

If the 3/3 ratings are the result of a bot or a s**t disturber with a bogus account, the software will likely catch them and remove them. If not, they will stay.

I too have received 3/3 ratings on some of my photos that I didn't "agree" with. Big deal. That doesn't mean they aren't legitimate. I have also rated photos 3/3 (as have you) even though others may have rated them highly. Obviously I didn't think they were that great, even if someone else did.

Stop worrying about ONE 3/3 rating.

Nobody complains about their instant 6/6 or 7/7 ratings, or seems to think that they should require a comment to justify the high rate.

3/3 ratings represent about 10% of the total. I notice you've given over 60 of them yourself, and I presume these were legitimate. Almost all photos that receive any significant number of ratings will have some 3/3 ratings, even those with high averages. People who think a photo is below average don't generally change their minds because other people like it more. Did you change your 3/3 ratings when you saw that other people had given higher ratings?

If we investigated every 3/3 rating that the photograper thought was too low, we'd spend all our time doing just that. So, generally we need a bit more evidence of abuse than "the other ratings were higher".

Finally, abuse reports aren't on-topic in this forum. In the future, please send abuse reports via email to abuse@photo.net or the "Contact Us" mailbox.

Brian - I have NOT, I REPEAT NOT, given over 60 3/3 ratings. It is quite rare for me. My method is to ignore those that I think are really bad. If you have that many 3/3 ratings from me, someone else is logging into my account, in which case I would like to change my password! (more than one exclamation point!)

My other method, to be fair, is typically to look at DETAILS to determine what others have given. I frequently will err on the high side, e.g., if a photo has 5+, I will go to six if I really like it. Due to the problem with all the threes, I seldom rate lower than 4. If I feel that it's a 3, I usually skip to the next photo and ignore the shot.

...and re my own photos, when I originally looked, about every single photo except 3 or 4 had the 3/3 ratings within 1 minute of posting. I was trying to send this message to the Administrator to check, NOT to make this a public thread and would like it removed. My error, but have not sent a message there before.

According to the stats, which you can see if you click on your own name, you've given 3 for Originality 61 times and 3 for Aesthetics 91 times. This is less than 10% of your ratings, so you use 3 less than the average person, but you do use it. If you are disowning your ratings, I'll just delete all your ratings, since there wouldn't be any way to distinguish the bogus ones from the real ones. But I don't see any reason to think these were given by anybody but you. From the timestamps, etc, it is clear that the 3 ratings were given during the same rating sessions as the others.

Ratings Received 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <br>

Originality 0 0 38 223 348 292 79 <br>

Aesthetics 0 0 35 206 315 332 92 <p>

I don't see you (or anyone else who posts here about the unfairness of ratings) complaining about the undeserved 6s and 7s. And looking at your received ratings summary you seem to have a way much bigger proportion of those than 3s. Why care so much about numbers anyway? There are no prizes in photo.net, except for the great amount of learning one can get by using it. Pay more attention to critiques, and even more important IMO, develop criticism over your own work by commenting on others'. I'm not like the ones who say that ratings don't mean a thing; I think they do help to understand the impact our work has on others (good or bad). If you think a 3 rating was not deserved, then take it that way, but perhaps you should do the same when some 7s or 6s appear.</p>

I'm nearly in shock at seeing these numbers. First, it shows ones and twos. I have never given a one or two. In fact, didn't know they existed. This is all very confusing to me. I DO leave a LOT of comments on others' photos, and have even attempted to demonstrate a point by working on a shot and uploading it (then deleting their file from my hard drive). My point was this: I try to maintain high standards when rating or commenting on others photos. I'm not here to hurt or maim feelings. I like to be supportive whenever possible, and try to comment on photos in a positive way, unless I'm nitpicking, and say that I am. I don't care that much about ratings. My point in trying to send an email to administration was that the 3s were appearing IMMEDIATELY after I would post a shot, most often the very first rating received....which DOES bother me because it was consistent. Very sorry about all this hullabaloo. Will have to learn how to contact ONLY administrators in the future (messed THAT one up)!