Would like a mentor, how to go about it?

sanyflame

I started photography as a serious hobby not long, in fact about 6 months ago. Even though I always knew I liked photography I am now

completely in love with it. My full time work is very stressful and is making me very unhappy and I find myself thinking photography all the

time. Saying this I'm reading a lot, joined some photo groups in my area (London, UK) and taken lots of pictures and I think I have

improved since first starting.

I was looking to find a mentor. Maybe not so much a mentor who lives near me but more of someone with patience who would be willing to

help me in my development via email. How? Answer any silly questions, provide me with feedback on my photos, etc. Nothing too heavy, I

promise. Very happy with homework as well. Someone with a flexible approach to photography and hopefully not photoshop phobic. I strive

to take photographs in the best possible way but for me photography is also art so I would use photoshop to achieve that if that's intended.

My favorite area is portraiture (fashion, headshots, glamour, abstract) but I also love nature photography.

How can I go about finding this type of help? Many, many thanks!

Hi Susana,

The two things you mention are both available here at PN, and in spades! I think you could also choose some people here at PN who are prolific posters, observe their work, and build your skills that way.

It's a wonderful place to post your pictures, ask for critique, and look for inspiration all at the same time!

Best regards,

Shaun - feel free to email!

Hi Susana:

if you would like to talk about your photography concerns, feel free to contact me via e-mail... We can for sure share

interesting photo-experiences with each other.

Also, as Shaun pointed, you can simply post photograph in the critique forum.

Best JC

PD: if you would like to know about my experience as photographer, please feel free to "have a walk" through my

photo.net portfolio and website.

Susana... it is me again

ARE YOU REALLY LOOKING FOR A MENTOR? I just checked for your portfolio at http://web.mac.com/susieguerreiro/iWeb/Sanyflame/ and I am really impressed about your portraits!!!!

I could ask you to mentor ME instead !I also think that YOU CAN BE OFFERING mentor services for other people...!!

Congratulations, I liked your portfolio.

JC