Would appreciate help from someone familiar with Mamiya TLR lenses

Hello,

I have a 250mm lens for Mamiya TLR. It sat on a shelf for many years, since the shutter was not working and I never felt courageous enough to attempt a repair myself. However, this day has come, for good or bad and I have disassembled the lens. Carefully photographing each step, so that it would not end as most alarm clocks from my childhood... i.e. with parts on table after reassembly and still not functional for whatever reason:)

The question/problem is as follows. the shutter can be wound and released. However, the blades do not open, neither the shutter times are correct, i.e. nothing changes while adjusting the shutter dial. I have carefully opened the lens, but I cannot understand which parts control the opening/closing of the shutter (I can do that manually, by moving the black parts, but cannot figure out the logic, which part (lever?) opens it and which one is responsible for closing). I would appreciate any help on the matter. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20220602_173401.thumb.jpg.5ff4b633cf3bda7b1feca74daed63a5b.jpg

Edited by martynas_photo
  • Like 1

The yellow arrow points to the ring that actuates the shutter leaves. The red arrows point to pins on the ring that are actuated by various spring loaded moving parts. There's quite a few springs in the shutter. It's worth checking to make sure each one of them is doing it's job. On the underside of the ring is the five pins, one for each shutter leaf.

805323564_ShutterleafRing.jpg.39090bf36b24ee03ddd7a50722d61a57.jpg

Edited by kmac
  • Like 1

P9211064.thumb.JPG.588fecd9646ccb73218533e1e3a49624.JPG I would buy a parts lens with bad glass and change the shutter mech.. Not for the first time. A locked up slow speed escapement exploded on me once, a £40 parts lens sorted that. The faulty escapment lens was free with a REALLY good (but dirt cheap) rare camera anyway Camera shown was less money than a black one needing work. Edited by laurencecochrane
  • Like 1