Workspace problem

western_isles

Yeah, it's a mess. Again. Image titles appearing in upper left corner of the image, using text that looks like a cheap typewriter. Info about favorites lists appearing without being logged in. I'm PC, btw, running latest Firefox. And no editing/formatting tools showing up here in this response space. What a pain, but getting to be oh-so-typical of p.net. My workspace page looks like garbage...like someone emptied several boxes of alphabet soup all over it. What fun, huh?

<p>Michael, I'm on a PC running IE8. Maybe the problem is related to this?</p>

<p><a href="/site-help-forum/00bxMR?unified_p=1">http://www.photo.net/site-help-forum/00bxMR?unified_p=1</a></p>

<p>I did notice one anomaly: When I first opened My Workspace, the information fields were not collapsed as per the recent change, but they did collapse while I was watching...</p>

<p>"[M]y bet is, there is a concerted effort to bring the site back to normal."</p>

<p>There probably is. It would be nice if the status of the site and any efforts to fix it could be relayed to us. I hate to sound so negative, but things have been going downhill for quite awhile--and now this.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

Lannie, troubleshooting can be a real pain sometimes and you don't really know what the problem is until it

can be definitively identified. Fixing it is the next problem, and these things can easily become open-ended

and get fixed when it's fixed.

There is also the confidentiality issue.

We know there's a problem and presumably it's in good hands to fix it, and that's about all we can ask for

at the moment. One thing for certain - I'd hate to be in their shoes right about now.

Given the amount of time the site is not working and the number of feathers that have been ruffled, might it not be an idea to have a simple 'Website status' indicator on the front page or somewhere prominent? This could at least let people know that there is a known technical issue which is being chased down.

This is just an idea off the top of my head and I am sure others will have ideas of their own.

Apart from my lack of technical expertise on servers etc I would like like to be on the team chasing down the problem. I am sure that they are working hard to sort this out.

<p>everything should be back online again. thank you all for reporting your issues. of course these things happen on a long weekend in the US. IT is on high alert the rest of the weekend so should be smooth sailing from here on out.</p>