Workshops/courses in Colorado

andre_m.

<p><p>Any ideas re institutions that offer good photography workshops or courses in Colorado? I am thinking of (hoping for) something like the Maine Photographic Workshops or the SVA continuing ed programs in New York (two different "course models," I know) that offer programs in a variety of subjects at the intermediate-to-advanced level. For multiday courses, schools in nearby states would also be relevant.</p><br>

<p>I like to think I can find anything online, but so far I haven't found anything too inspiring in the Denver area. There are no Denver museum schools. I could not find any universities offering decent continuing ed photography classes (either 101 or nothing). The Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design offers a BFA program in photography, but no continuing ed classes. There are a couple of small, photography-specific nonprofits in Denver that do offer courses (Denver Darkroom, Working With Artists), but they seem to be one-day workshops, three-evening programs, and the like--i.e., not enough time. (Anyone have experience with these organizations?) There is Anderson Ranch, which seems to be highly regarded, but I am looking for something that has a number of different classes during the fall, winter, and spring, and they seem to be most active during the summer.</p><br>

<p>Any suggestions would be welcome.</p></p>

• 2 weeks later...