Woca?

rellimkm

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

HI!

I just ordered a WOCA 120GF ("F" means built-in flash) instead of the Holga because of the glass lense (from Freestyle... cheapest place online for these cameras other than a lucky break on eBay). I figured with all the other unpredictable problems with these cameras, I should at least go with the glass and help myself out any way I can. I'm patiently waiting for my camera to arrive, and have been researching techniques online. I found that lots of people complain that the built-in flash is so close to the viewfinder that it causes severe red-eye in color photographs! So, I called Freestyle in a panic, hoping to change my order to the 120G but; it's already packed and ready to go. I guess I'll just be using this toy camera for B&W!

Just some tips for those who are new to these cameras: I've been doing massive research online and have also just bought a Lomo LC-A off of eBay (the cheapest). The 120G and the Lomo LC-A have hot shoes. Since they're so small, mini flashes should be used. I bought a super-cool miniflash off of http://opticsplanet.net/lomminforlca.html made by Lomo (but not available on their main site). This is the only site that offers this neat-o clear mini flash and UPS is free! You can also get black Holga mini flashes off of ebay but I'm only seeing them being shipped from Hong Kong and the shipping is outrageous plus, it's international snail-mail, so you get a more convenient deal getting the cute Lomo one at about the same price!

I also just found a website the offers already modified Holgas (light leaks, 6x6 format, and more precise settings are already done for you) if you're not a handy person! Go to http://www.holgamods.com/mods/mods.html They also show you how to modify your camera all by yourself, if you already have one!

Good luck and happy pics!