Wireless in Manual Mode.....Help

dutch_minott

I have a 540fgz mounted on my k10d. I want to wirelessly fire my 360fgz. Everything works fine with bothe flashs in p-ttl with the 540fgz set to control and the 360fgz set to slave. I want to be able to have both the 360 and the 540 in manual mode or (at least the 360) and be able to have the 540 as master but when the 540 is set as master the and mounted on the camera it only <br />stays in p-ttl. So when it preflashs and the 360 is set to manual the 360 fires at the wrong time and does not show up in the exposer. The wierd thing is that the built in flash will correctly fire the 360 in manual mode when the built in is set to master and control...Can some one help

<!-- / message -->

<p>This sounds odd, I'm pretty sure that I've used manual with P-TTL wireless but would have to check to see whether I was using 'master' or 'controller' for the hotshoe-mounted flash. I don't remember having problems with slave flashes firing at the wrong time. I would have to run an experiment but can't do so now since all the toys are at home.</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the 360fgz as I have two of the 540's but I'll give you what I think. If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds like you might not have the slave flash set to the proper "Slave Mode". It should be set to SL1. If not, the control flash (pre-flash) can set it off and even flickering lights like flourescents can cause problems.</p>

<p>See pages 38 and 52 of the 540fgz manual for details on this.</p>

<p>I don't think one can run the camera attached flash (ie. the 540fgz) in manual with a slave. If one can, I haven't figured out how. But you can control the output with flash exposure compensation on the flash.</p>