Wireless Flash Control for Minolta 5600HS & 3500xi at the same time

johnny_lai

Hi..

In the Maxxum 7 camera manual, it says that the camera needs to have

a wireless remote flash controller to control multiple flashes.

(i.e. more than one flash)

Question is, is it possible to remote control both the Minolta

5600HS and 3500xi flash *at the same time* using the Maxxum 7 on-

board flash without using the remote-controller? Seems the manual

doesn`t say so..

Had anyone tried it before? Will TTL still work in this situation?

Thanks

I have not tried it, but I think you're reading something into it what isn't actually said. The example with the WL controller starts with something like "... when you don't use the built-in flash as the controller...". If you <em>do</em> use the internal flash, all external flashes on the same channel should fire. You have to stay below 1/60 to get the 3500xi to fire, of course.

Hernandez,

<p>

I think you're also reading something that is not said there. The section you're referring to only says which flash (of one D flash and one non-D flash) must be mounted on the camera, <em>if</em> you mount one on the camera. It doesn't says that you must mount <em>any</em> on the camera.

I use my Maxxum 7 all the time (well at least many times) with 2 or 3 remote flashes in TTL wireless mode. It works fine with the built in flash acting as the controller. You can even use it in ratio mode (1/3 light from the built in flash, 2/3 from the remotes). However, since the two remote flashes have different power levels (5600 and 3500 flashes), they probably will not put equal amounts of light on the scene, but it still works well.

I have even used a diffuser on one flash, and bounced the other for different fill effects. Experiment and keep good notes.

Tom

• 1 month later...