Winners of first ariel photography awards

sjmurray

"The winners of the first-ever Aerial Photography Awards have been announced and the results will lift your spirits.For the contest, photographers around the world were asked to submit their best photos using drones, helicopters, kites, balloons or airplanes. The winning photos were selected through a 10-day vote by the members of the jury, with the winner receiving $10,000."

Link to all the winning photos: (there are several categories)

Aerial Photos Of The Year 2020 | Man-made Category - Aerial Photography Awards

Edited by sjmurray
  • Like 1

These photos completely changed my appreciation of Ariel Photography! Surprising, artful, beautiful, and informative photos showing the world from a different perspective than I'm used to.

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

QUOTE="sjmurray, post: 5860035, member: 525441"]"The winners of the first-ever Aerial Photography Awards have been announced and the results will lift your spirits.For the contest, photographers around the world were asked to submit their best photos using drones, helicopters, kites, balloons or airplanes. The winning photos were selected through a 10-day vote by the members of the jury, with the winner receiving $10,000."

Link to all the winning photos: (there are several categories)

Aerial Photos Of The Year 2020 | Man-made Category - Aerial Photography Awards

These aerial 'photographs' are indeed very stunning. I have 'photography' in quotes, somewhat lightheartedly, given another thread in this forum "Can it really be called photography anymore". I could be wrong but I have to believe many of these aerial photographs were significantly edited post-capture. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that , as I said, they are stunning. In any case, I have to believe that what the camera saw and initially recorded was not what is shown. I could simply be jealous since I seldom (never?) see such perfection through my viewfinder.