Windows Viewer problem

<p>Hello</p>

<p>I've just got an X-Rite iDisplay Pro colour profiler. I installed the latest software from the X-Rite website and got it all up and running, then calibrated my monitor. <br>

My photos look just fine in photoshop but when I view them using Windows Viewer, they are very dark and over-saturated. <br>

Also, when viewing a webpage with lots of text, when scrolling up or down the text turns a greenish colour. <br>

Is this normal or did I do something wrong when calibrating the monitor? <br>

Thanks<br>

Rachel</p>

<p>Photoshop is color managed, that's a correct preview. Color managed applications understand what a display profile is as well as what the numbers assigned to a color space mean so a proper preview is produced.<br>

The other's that don't match are not color managed, that's a major issue. Even sRGB data outside of a color managed app and OS/preview may look OK, there's no guarantee of a match. That's why we work with ICC aware app's. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>I'm not familiar with X-Rite's software options but at a guess: maybe your gamma was done wrong? sRGB is about as close as most windows applications get to a spec for colors. Generally your display system is assumed to be at 2.2 gamma by programs that aren't color managed so if you calibrated with a different gamma as a target then that assumption is more false than usual. Photoshop can read your profile, and convert it's color numbers to ones that work for your display but other programs will make no conversion.</p>