Windows 7 compatible with Nikon Capture 4.4?

manuel_garcia5

<p>Hello boys and girls,<br>

I'm currently running Windows Vista (I'm actually happy with it) and I'm also running Nikon Capture 4.4 without issue (except it being slow). I'm still a D200 shooter so that's why I'm still using Capture 4.4. Now my question is,<br>

Anyone install Windows 7 and get Nikon Capture 4.4 to work?<br>

I won't think about upgrading until I'm sure Capture 4.4 works on Win 7. I've already gone to the Win 7 compatiblity web site, only Capture NX is listed and it hasn't been tested. Any help would be great!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>"... Windows Vista (I'm actually happy with it)..."<br>

There is the old saying about software: If it runs well upgrade it until it is broken :-)<br>

NX2 is tested on WIN7 - I use it since several month on WIN7 64 EN.<br>

I cannot say about capture 4.4. My experience with WIN7 so far is that it is very likely to run if it works on XP or Vista.</p>

<p>Personally Id much rather use Lightroom 64 bit and Vista than NX2.<br>

Its faster, when you load RAW you have a setting for the D200 that is automatically used. Saves me a lot of time. Then, I can adjust the first image of a batch of files I shot the same day, Select all, and Sync them to adjust them all for the general conditions. Can then fine tune a few that may need it, and export the entire batch as TIF files to a DVD to archive them. Sometimes sync takes less time that it took me to write this. :D</p>

<p>Well boys and girls, after much himming and hawing I went ahead and purchased Win 7 Ultimate and did a clean (32 bit) install. I'm happy to report (as suspected)<br>

Nikon Capture 4.4 works<br>

My orginal Epson Picturemate works<br>

My old HP Deskjet 932C works<br>

I haven't really noticed much of a difference between this and Vista. But I'm still not done reloading everything. </p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>I find Capture NX2 to be fast and easy to use. I take too long to do anything in Photoshop. The control mechanism used in NX2 is very good, and almost anyone can blows to doors off of many photoshop editing times. Go to the Nikon web site for Capture NX2 and watch the demo if you aren't believing me. The only thing photoshop is needed for is inserting objects into the picture that were not there when you took it. All other editing is fast and simple in capture NX2. The only thing holding it back is the Nikon is slow to release the 64bit version. Right now it runs on my 64 bit Vista machine, soon to be Windows 7, with no problem, but in 32 bit mode. It is stil lpretty fast because the machine is fast. It will be a lot faster once the 64 bit version hits the streets.</p>

• 3 months later...