Williamsburg VA question and resources

think27

<p>Hi all - I'm trying to help a relative who wants to get married in Williamsburg VA. I'm moving in a few days and only have access to my computer up until tomorrow night so any responses after that - I won't see until maybe a month from now.</p>

<p>Anyone heard of ModernWed documentary photography in Williamsburg? Any suggestions on good photographers in the area? She only wants to spend $2,000 but she is looking at a package for 2800. Photography is probably her biggest priority for the day. She's also looking at Kingsmill Resort.. Pro's ? Cons? Any other suggestions? </p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>Hello MaryBall,<br>

I was glancing at the forums this evening and saw "Williamsburg" and my interested was piqued! I actually was married in Williamsburg last year. Lovely location for a wedding. I booked Sarah Cramer out of Charlottesville, VA, (you can google cramer photo charlottesville) who was absolutely a <em>phenomenal</em> photographer. She was worth every single penny paid; I really cannot speak highly enough of her. I also looked at Brad Howe as well whose portfolio looked nice<br>

Kingsmill is beautiful, but a minimum $15K to spend there. I'm not sure what your relative's budget is, but Kingsmill is very very expensive. Ford's Colony is another option, but their venue for larger groups is a permanent tent option, or a smaller room for more intimate weddings (probably under 40 ppl)<br>

Also an option is The Alumni House at William & Mary. Also, the local community buildings, Legacy Hall in James City county is new and beautiful and a STEAL at a few hundred bucks, you just have to bring in caterers, etc. Also is the Williamsburg community building where I had my rehearsal (located in the heart of Wiliamsburg) beautiful, simple and bright, with a big open outdoor space and lawn.<br>

Also is the Williamsburg Winery, but they are sort of, um, particular as to which vendors you can use, but the location is absolutely lovely.<br>

I had my reception at a wonderful restaurant in the heart of Wiliamsburg.</p>

<p>If you have further questions you can message me (or your relative can). I lived in Williamsburg for 4 years and still have some contacts there.<br>

cheers<br>

Laura</p>

• 3 months later...