Will this lens fit?

ev

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if a Sigma 100mm-200mm zoom lens will

fit my Nikon EM?

Ive got a Nikon 50mm lens at the moment. Plus what will a 100mm-

200mm lens do?????

Its just I have the chance to buy one really cheap.

Thanks Ev

The lens should fit if it's a Nikon mount lens.

What will it do? Well, it will let you take pictures. It's probably a slow lens (small aperture) but it will let you take pictures of things from further away than your 50mm will obviously, and it's a zoom which can be convenient. Whether it's any good is another story.

Well I guess it was a silly question to ask.

Well hears another one for you.

How can you tell if its a Nikon Mount??? And if it isnt as the item is on ebay, I cant look at it close up, can you buy something that will make it fit?????

Thanks Ev

<i>what will a 100mm- 200mm lens do?</i><p>

Make subjects appear 2x to 4x closer.

<p>

<i>

How can you tell if its a Nikon Mount???

</i>

<p>

Many third party lenses that are available in multiple mounts have a code engraved on the lens mount or aperture ring to signify what type it is. For a Nikon mount, such a mark might be 'N', 'N/AI', or even 'Nikon'. (others might be 'C' for Canon, 'Y/C' for Yashica/Contax, 'M' for Minolta, 'P/K' for Pentax K, 'K/AR' for Konica, etc.)

<p>

<i>

And if it isnt as the item is on ebay, I cant look at it close up, can you buy something that will make it fit???</i>

<p>

In general, no. There are some instances of adapting your favorite exotic $1,000 plus lens from one camera to another, but it's typically pro repair work, not something you do for a 'really cheap' lens.

Just in case you aren't aware of the market / possibilities, here's a 'cheap' zoom in that range for sale right now at <a href="http://www.keh.com/">http://www.keh.com/</a>:<br>

75-150 F3.5 SER E AIS (52) ZOOM LOOSE Bargain $59.00<p>

This lens is quite good optically, and was actually made for the family of cameras your EM falls into.