Will Pentax 67 leaf-shutter lenses work on 645 with adapter?

ned1

<p>I seem to recall reading that the Pentax adapter for 67 to 645 made the full functionality of the 67 lenses work on the 645. I have some 645 family cameras, but don't own any 67 lenses, so take that with a grain of salt until an actual owner chimes in. But my prediction is yes, presuming you're using the actual Pentax adapter.</p>

<p>-Kelly</p>

<p>I believe it's the diaphragm stop-down mechanism that triggers the leaf shutter, so my guess too is that it should work as usual with the adapter. But I've no direct experience with Pentax leaf shutter lenses (though I do use the adapter), so hopefully someone can confirm or deny!<br>

With the two 67-series leaf shutter lenses, plus the pair made for the P645, there seems to be a rich set of choices for 645 users... 75, 90, 135, and 165mm.</p>

<p>To save you the click, the relevant passage is...</p>

<p><small><em>Pentax has two medium format camera lines, the <strong>Pentax 67</strong> and the <strong>Pentax 645</strong> . Unique among camera makers, Pentax has designed the systems so that the lenses from the 6X7 camera can <em>also </em> be used on the 645 body. They manufacture an adaptor for this that retains autodiaphram and open-aperture metering capability. Put it on a 645 body and you can use all your 67 lenses pretty much as normal. </em> </small></p>

<p>That's probably where I read it too.</p>

<p>-Kelly</p>

<p>Yes, I'd read that article some time ago, reread it yesterday looking for any reference to leaf-shutter lenses, and failed to find any. The quoted passage does not address this specific issue, which I take to be whether the leaf shutter works correctly with the 67/645 lens adapter. I don't see any reason it shouldn't, but we're still missing input from anyone who has specific experience.</p>

<p>I am interested in the same question since I recently got a 645N camera to go along with my 67 stuff. Not seeing an answer, this morning I got out the 645N, 645 to 67 adapter, 165 LS 67 lens, put them together, added a pc flash, but couldn't find the proper polarity pc cord to go from the lens to the flash, so I couldn't check that out.<br>

I cocked the lens shutter and the viewfinder opened up. I set the camera shutter to 1/8, the lens shutter to 1/250.<br>

I got the in focus confirmation signal in the viewfinder. <br>

When I tripped the camera shutter the lens shutter released - confirmation of this I believe is that the viewfinder blacked out and the lens needed to be cocked again to open up. Since tripping the flash is done by the lens directly, I'm confident that would work if I had a proper pc cord.<br>

So while I don't have good photos back to prove it, everything seemed to worked as on the 67II camera.</p>

• 1 month later...