Will Nikon EM lenses work on an 8008

greg_dantzler

Most Nikon lenses work on the EM, so there is really no such thing as "EM lenses" per se. If they are Series E lenses, they should work on your other Nikon as far as I know.

If you are buying the system for the leses, that may be ok, but if you are at all serious about photography I would not recommend the Nikon EM. Among its many weaknesses: it doesn't have a manual mode, a multiple exposure mode, or a dof preview button, and it has an astounding amount of mirror slap and feels very cheap on top of that.

The lenses will work in manual mode and aperture priority mode.

Yes, the EM carries fewer features than other Nikkors but some of us have a soft spot in our hearts for it nonetheless. As Daniel Webster might have intoned, "It is, as I have said, sir, a small camera, and yet there are those who love it."

Thanks for the quick responses. I would be buying this just for the lenses. I allready have the 8008 and a 50mm f1.8 lens. I just want to be able to do some portraits and get some indoor photos so I was looking for a lens or two. It's hard to get indoor shots of multiple people with the 50mm sometimes.

I don't mind manually focusing but I am trying to stay away from slow lenses with the wide angle since it will be mostly for indoor candid shots.

thanks again.