Will any Pentax AF SLR Accept most P67 lenses?

jeff_drew4

I use Pentax 67 lenses frequently and want to purchase a new AF-SLR

35mm. I'm considering the ZX-L or the new *ist bodies + 1 zoom to

supplement my P67 travel kit. I know the obvious issues, like manual

focus and metering, but are there mount issues or overall warnings I

should be concerned about?

I occasionally use 67 lenses on 35mm bodies as backup. As noted the lenses won't work with the crippled KAF bodies (ZX-30/ZX-50/Zx-60; MZ=ZX outside US). You'll be fine with the ZX-L. I just read myslf that the new *ist are crippled (which is not what I had previously read, but appears to be true).

Jeff,

I should note I'm basing the *ist information on what is at Boz's page:

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/index.html

I was asking a Pentax user about using screw mount (35mm) lenses on the *ist and was told it WOULD work (hense 67 should also work on the body). But since generally I tend to take what Boz puts up on his page as being Pentax gospel, it's likely they wouldn't work.

Hi,

I think your idea work.

I bought an 35mm to 67 mount for my MZ-3. Its work including infocus indicator/sound, spot meter. However, an battery handle is need for large lens.

My MZ-3 is LIGHT, reliable as 67/67II, with 1/120syn, quality build in flash can produce fine color.

I cant sure the iamge quality from 67 lenses in 35mm. But I know quality of these lens is excellent. A little warning is these lens may cause slighty contrast lost due to different format. The problem may occur in somw low contrast film type or 67 lenses with large image circle.

lee_hw5@yahoo.com