Will a Bay 1 Rollei lens hood fit on a Yashica 124G

ted_white2

I have just acquired a Yashica 124G, which appears to work just fine.

However, in reading comments about the camera here and there, all

caution against using the camera without a lens hood, as dread flare

will surely result. Thus my question.

Thanks

Ted White

Bisbee, AZ

My original Bay-1 rollei lens hood (using the *outer* bayonet) does NOT fit on my yashica D. It's just a bit too small. The problem does not show up with filters, which use the inner bayonet of the mount.

Annoying but true. Could be that the 124G's bay size is somewhat better matched with Bay1.

Thank you all very much. Looks like it's 3 to 1 against it fitting. I might just buy it anyway and, if it does not fit, I'll just relist it on ebay.

I'm going to try a roll through the 124G tomorrow and, armed with foreknowledge, will avoid making pictures in sunlight until a lens shade comes my way.

Bay 1 Rollei lens hood came yesterday. It fits, albeit a bit snug. No vignetting (I didn't expect any). Improves the camera's looks, an unexpected bennie. A tourist tried to buy it from me today.

Now the next question is: Where do I get filters, and where/how do they fit?

a tourist?heheh

Filters, they are also called Bay 1. Rollei, Yashica and many others produced them, albeit you won't find lots of them *new*. They go into the bayonet mount.

Some people prefer to use a bay1-screwmount adapter, to a screwmount size that's common, like, 39mm, 49mm, wehatever - so they can use their SLR etc filters on the TLR.

Some 32mm B+W slip-on filters (used for folders e.g., long time ago) will just fit into the bay1 mount reversed - but notall of them:) depends, again, on the small deviations in the diameter.