Why not a CONTAX forum?

cd thacker

I see photo.net now has forums for all the major (35mm) brands -

Leica, Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax - and a good thing it is, too.

The only one missing is Contax. <p>

So how about it? Any demand out there for a Contax/Yashica forum?

(And, no, I don't want to be the moderator. Just asking.)

Whilst as you say there are a couple of other boards which cover Contax, that's no reason not to have a forum within this community. AFter all, I feel some loyalty to photo.net for all the entertainment and education that it provides, and would prefer a 'one stop shop' for discussion of the Contax gear as well - at the moment there's a definite lack of Contax postings on this site and that's a shame as they offer some great cameras such as the G2, which just aren't adequately covered here.

John

As much as the idea might be appealing, I find it hard not to be cynical. Contax has never been a major brand - it has always been a niche manufacturer - perhaps in its heyday it was, but then, most of us had not yet come into existence.

What would Contaxians discuss on a forum? How sharp one's lens resolution is compared to any other manufacturer, or how expensive a 300mm f2.8 might cost? Another dedicated equipment forum, or one dedicated to an increasingly unsupported range of quality manual focus equipment? For the gadget-collecting Contax user, we already know that the buck stops with Kyocera.

As far as I recall, Contax forum users tend to be a little sensitive about any reality-testing of the wonderful label against the economics of digital hardsell and mass-produced polycarbonate Canons.

Alternatively, if no forum is produced, why not post a Contax message every other week, with images etc on the Leica board? :)

Kind regards,